Thursday 26 April 2012

Weeks 3's assignment.

Thanks to the lovely Elizabeth for being a great model (she is my six year old niece).
For this first shot I chose to concentrate on simplicilty. I tried for no distractions, and a simple background using the backlight from my bedroom window on a gorgeous morning with light covers on my bed. I liked this peek a boo style, the model preferred the full face version I took of this. Perhaps I should have had the top of her head in the shot. I am also every so slight off centre.

The next one is overexposed I know but for some reason I really like it. I took this one looking at both texture and simplicity.
 This third was just focusing on texture. I really like the peeling bark on the tree we have in our front garden.
I also like the fact Elizabeth fits so well in the tree. I like the light, i am not so sure about the posistion I am in and maybe should have been a bit lower rather than just on her level.
Is it really the last week next week? Golly, enjoy everyone ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gemma! You're doing some great stuff with backlight! Thats my favorite direction of light! I love the first shot! Such great perspective, fabulous expression of playfulness to match and a little bit of mystery :)

    ReplyDelete