Sunday 22 April 2012

Week 2- What a week

It rained here this week and I promised DD next time it rained she could go splashing in puddles. I thought this was a good time to have a go at implied motion. It took a couple of tries with different settings but got a few okay ones.
For the above shot I was trying to focus on the small details of what was happening and decided to not have a full body picture. I also chose to keep Dolly in the picture as I thought it was cute and DD was making Dolly jump in puddles as well.


What can I say about this shot except it is not at all what I had planned. For the frozen image I did and still do have a particular shot I want  to achieve with DD however she became ill and I was not able to get it so poor Emily (the doll) is my subject. It is a very basic shot and I will hopefully submit the shot I wanted to do in the catch up week.
 Okay so Panning is not going to be my forte but I gave it ago anyway. It was raining when I did this so there is rain on the lens (which looks silly) I think I was moving too fast so the car is blurred at the front and  I did not move straight so my image is not straight. I tried using the tripod but it did not work for me. Suffice to say I don;t think Panning is my thing :-)





Unrelated to the assignment- below are some images I am happy with which I took this week. Feedback always welcome.




3 comments:

  1. Wowsers!!!!! Gemma, look at your panning shot!!! It's fantastic!!!! I love that you found a red car too! It totally pops from the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gemma, your panning shot is fantastic! Wish I could do that... .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Gemma! I love the mud puddle shot, very creative and colorful! And you did a great job with your panning shot! The red car just jumps off the page at you!

    ReplyDelete